It’s been quite a year!
And quite a while since you’ve heard from me…
Like so many in this very challenging year we are soon leaving behind, I’ve just been swamped.
I have been
- Recovering from 2019 – which was a particularly challenging year for me
- Dealing with COVID-19
- Supporting colleagues and helping clients navigate these crazy times
- Launching Vitamin Pills for Healthy Conversations with Jeanine Kenigstein at Lider-haz-GO! to help navigate the rough waters we’ve been in, and still are in
- Shifting the business, letting my much-treasured office space in downtown Bergen go
- Handling health issues and made powerful and courageous choices to better my quality of life
- Selling my house, buying a new house – moving to Karmøy, Rogaland,
- Sending my youngest off to university in England
- Becoming a grandmother for the second time
- Helping my children and family sell & buy new homes
- Designing and redesigning new online programs
- Establishing new work relationships
- Connecting with new people all over the world, that I would never have connected with if not for covid
- Expanding my coaching services to include more mentoring and teaching
- Learning new technology – discovered zoom fatigue 😊
- Creating a mini-retreat venue for c-momentum clients – more on that in the new year
- … and handling all the other bits and pieces that go into running a business
I’ve made peace with what I cannot do or accomplish and found deep gratitude for what I can do. I’ve made friends with my strong side and have compassion and patience with my weaker sides. I am deeply grateful to know I am leaving 2020 behind stronger, more resilient, relaxed, and ready for a new year.
It’s good to finally catch up with you. It has been a full year and it has come with lots of new insights.
Insights gained this year
- Magic happens when I take the time to set clear intentions
- Going on a “walkabout” to find the next steps can be daunting and tremendously liberating
- Getting by with less has been much easier than I thought
- Beach walks. Taking time to just be, “slow thinking”, is vital for my happiness and well being
Integrating body, mind and heart wisdom is my key to a balanced life and better health
- Being courageous is not as scary as one may think. Moving into fear really takes the edge off it. Thinking about the scary or courageous thing to do takes way more energy than actually doing it.
- Change your story, change your life… the stories we hear, tell, and repeat to ourselves shape our reality. Deliberately and consciously choose what words and stories to tell yourself and share with others. Tell and share that which builds hope, inspiration, and has people feel seen. I love getting better at this
- Our world has turned upside down this year. Disruption has taken on a force never seen before. The overload of information is profound and sometimes devastating. We are not in the same boat, but we are in the same storm. Having compassion and understanding for other people’s struggles, being willing to see beyond our own personal reality and take responsibility for the impact we have, will determine how our world moves forward and what kind of reality we shape. I want to do better here, – there is still so much to learn
- I love my life and my work! So grateful for all my wonderful clients and the brilliant people I’ve partnered up with
Invest in yourself
- Carve out some time to think back on the year and note down all the highlights you can think of. How did you deal with unforeseen circumstances? How did you show up when you were afraid? Who did you have to be to move past your fear? What are you particularly proud of?
- What will you bring with you into 2021 and what is it time to let go of?
- This time next year, what do you want to say with pride and clarity that you have accomplished?
- And beyond and above all, what gives you joy? That delicious feeling of bubbly happiness inside that makes you smile and know that you are just where you need to be?
Taking time to invest in yourself is not self-indulgent. It is the best investment you can make!
Let this be a time of replenishment
In my new environment, I start each day listening to the sound of the waves crashing in and watching the amazing shifts of light along the coast. At times, sitting outside with my morning coffee, I can see eagles soaring above. The nearest coffee shop is a short drive away so it’s not like I am way out in the wilderness 😊
For me, this is the perfect place and time to walk slowly and just be. To allow dreams and whispers to surface, notice what sticks and what just passes by.
It’s time to reflect and imagine what might be when I think big and dream boldly – if I do not hold myself back. There are things I’ve wanted to do for years, but my creative world of excuses has held me back. Now is the time to move past that and boldly step into the next leg of my journey and fully live my purpose. Just writing it makes me catch my breath!
Winter is also the time to hibernate, dream, and get ready for the birth of light and the newness of Spring, in my new home and c-momentum’s mini-retreat center. I’ll be ready to welcome new and old clients to coaching, both online and on-site – Covid permitting.
We have just passed the Winter Solstice. Each new day will be a little lighter and a little bit longer. There is hope, light, and new beginnings just around the corner.
As for right now, it is holiday time
For so many of us, this holiday season will be very different. So many of us are not able to spend time with our loved ones. Many will have to celebrate Christmas alone, via Zoom. Who would have even imagined that just a year ago?
If you can, if you have the heart, time, and capacity, reach out to people and wish them a Merry Christmas. Call, send a card, or at least a text message. Let people around you know they are remembered and valued. Include the ones you think have all they need. Loneliness is rarely visible on the outside.
With much love and the biggest, warmest virtual hug ever!
See you next year!