Someday, I’m going to… write a book… lose weight… stop complaining… pay off debt… be more patient… start a business… change my story… or just live the life I’ve been dreaming about.
Guess what? Someday has arrived!
There is no better moment than right now to step up your game, think new thoughts, create a new story, change a habit or implement new, more supportive actions.
Nothing happens by itself. You are the architect of your own future and if you don’t like things the way they are, then you get to change them by doing something different. It may not be easy, but so rewarding! Along the way, there will be circumstances you can do nothing about and things that are simply way out of your control. Here is what you can control: how you want to be and how you want to view your circumstances. You can decide what you choose to think, feel and do. You have immense power when it comes to how you want approach the challenges and obstacles life throws in your way!
I know that you are more resourceful, resilient, and tougher than you may think you are. You can achieve far more than you think you can, and along with the right support system around you, you can start creating your best life. You can make today the day you look back at with pride and joy knowing that you stepped up, took control and reclaimed your power.
Are you ready? Here are some ways to help you get started:
1. Decide what you want and be as specific about it as you can. Write down the story of your best life, what is in it, who you are, what you do, your lifestyle, who you surround yourself with, where you live, what is important to you and so on. As you write, notice the bubbles of excitement inside of you. Make it as alive and as fulfilling as you can. This is for you and nobody else gets to read it unless you decide to share.
2. Pick a few things from your story that you can start implementing and adding to your life right away. For example: How does the woman or man in your story walk? How do they make decisions? What’s their favorite food? You don’t have to wait until you have reached the larger than life, all important goal. You can start today. Bring your heart and passion on board and get familiar with the hero of your story.
3. Set achievement dates. Create a series of sub-deadlines for goals and achievements. Achieving even tiny goals on your way to living your best life creates a sense of mastery that propels you on. Energy follows focus, and you want your subconscious mind on board to help move you towards the life you dream of.
4. Increase momentum by making a list of actions that will help you move forward. It can be something you need to do more of or something you will have to stop doing altogether. The clearer you get, the more inspired you will feel.
5. Who can you ask to support you? It can be a mentor, coach, partner, friend, colleague or family member. What kind of behavior and attitude will you need to develop in order to reach your goal? What do you want to be held accountable for?
6. Create a plan by priority and importance. What is the one thing – more important than anything else – that you can do immediately to begin stepping up your game and living your best life?
7. Execute! Instead of finding creative excuses to avoid stepping up, use your creativity to get into action. There is no better time than right now!
8. Share! Tell people about your aspirations and goals, say it out loud to yourself. Repeatedly. Sing it, write it, dance it, paint it – whatever your preference and style – make it visual and alive!
9. Celebrate! Even a tiny step in the right direction is a step. Different days bring different challenges; the important thing is that you stay focused and on-course. Celebrating by acknowledging yourself and your efforts strengthen self-efficacy and your self-belief.
Remember: Thinking and dreaming are necessary to step up your game, but by itself, it does not get you far. Not knowing where you are going can have you end up places you do not want to be in. Clarity, decisiveness, and action are required to get you from where you are now to where you want to be.
You are the defining factor. You – and only you! – get to choose the actions, attitudes, and behaviors that will support your growth, your dream, and your life quality. Write the story. The one that empowers and inspires you!
Did you find this useful? If so, please share or leave a comment about what changed for you. I would love to hear from you!